Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chocolate Chess Pie

When I was a little girl, my mama and I would cook all the time.  We primarily made the sweet stuff, but she taught me a little about cooking everything.  I LOVE baking, but brownies love my hips so I try not to bake too often.  I was asked tonight to make a chocolate pie for the upcoming game night, and I would love to make it, but I would love to fit into my jeans even more!  However, I have decided that I would share my recipe with everyone so that way someone can enjoy the pie!  I have never found anyone that doesn't love this simple pie.  It is one of my most requested desserts. 

Chocolate Chess Pie
1  1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
2 eggs
5 ounces evaporated milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

All you do is combine the sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl.   Then beat the two eggs and gradually add the cocoa sugar mix.  Then add all the remaining ingredients.  Pour into a pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. 

Most people like a little cool whip on top of the pie, but what really makes it GREAT is fresh sliced strawberries on the side!!! 

I hope that you love the pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment