Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 3

In my life this week…

This has been a great week.  I got some of the bags packed for my trip to Kentucky.  I can't wait until my family gets to be all together again. 


In our homeschool this week…

Algebra 1 is finally over with a 94% final grade!  One class left and then a much needed summer break!!! 


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We went to Wal-Mart several times this week.  Does that count?  With the big trip coming up we haven't had much desire to go anywhere.  However, we did have a great afternoon at the beach! 


My favorite thing this week was…

The afternoon at the beach was fabulous! I love the beach!


What’s working/not working for us…

Getting the new computer has helped us out a lot.  Thanks honey for sending it to me!  You are the greatest. 


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

We are debating on the idea of summer classes.  I want her to have a summer break, but I don't want her to loose any of the great study habits that we have worked so hard to get implemented. 


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…




The Homeschool Mother's Journal

3 comments:

  1. We do year round school. We carry half a work load during summer though. We still get our hours and the kids stay in the habit of doing school work. Maybe just doing quarter to half load depending on if you have next years curriculum bought. Also they do sell "summer break" activity books through high school level. You can buy them at any book store. They provide small practice pages and extra activity suggestions for the summer months.

    New follower from HSMJ. Come visit us sometime
    www.krazykuehnerdays.com
    Renita

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do year round school also. Tax season is homeschool "lite" for us but this works great as this allows more outside free time during the nice spring months and we stay inside in the a/c more during the hot AZ summer doing more schoolwork. The great thing about homeschooling is the flexibility. My kids are used to the year round school thing, seem to retain better than their public school friends, and this is very helpful if you do much traveling! stopping by from the HMJ linky. please stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I think I have officially decided to do 3 summer classes starting in July! That should give us plenty of time to get settled into our new place!

    ReplyDelete