Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where I've Been, Where I am, Where I'm going...

Tonight I was given a piece of paper with three columns addressing the past, present, and future.  Each section asked about where my focus is, marker events, spiritual success, failures, views of God, key relationships, and authorities.  The paper was just for me.  I didn't have to do it, and no one is grading it.  But if definitely makes you think. 

Where I've Been, Where I am, Where I'm going...

These are pretty simple questions, but for some reason I couldn't come up with answers to them. 

I have always believed that you can't know where you are going if you don't know where you have been.  (I was a history major for those who can't seem to remember that.)  I also am a firm believer that you can't just follow your heart, you must guide your heart. 

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"  Jeremiah 17:9

I have done lots of things in my 26 years!  Some were good choices and others were bad, but I am who I am today because of all the choices I have made and the situations that I have been in.  When looking at my past, I have had a lot of the milestones:  Graduating High School and College, Getting Married, Becoming a Christian, and other things. 

My life right now isn't how I pictured it being, but I sure do love it!  I love my husband and kids.  I love being a housewife.  I love homeschooling Taylor.  I love all of it, but trust me, it is so different than how I pictured it.  That is why it is so hard to answer where I am going.  All I know is that there will be bumps in the road. 

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~Winston Churchill




No comments:

Post a Comment