Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...
This week started our new schedule. Taylor and I have both got a lot of things done in school and home. Neither of us like getting up earlier, but it allows us to not be so rushed so we will get used to it!
In our homeschool this week...
Algebra has been great this week! She has caught on to radicals very quickly. Leadership is taking a long time to get all of her service hours in, and I am still debating on whether she is going to do the second semester or not.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We had a great afternoon at the Frank Brown Park. Taylor swam until she was worn out, and I just relaxed in one of the lounge chairs. Other than that, we haven't been anywhere out of the ordinary.
My favorite thing this week was...
Spring Cleaning! I love getting organized and going through old things! Found some of my husbands old pictures and videos. Those brought me some good laughs!
What's working/not working for us...
Everything seems to be working for us right now! Hope I am not jinxing us. There are still some adjustments that need to be made to the schedule, but so many things are about to change in our lives that I am not too worried about them right now.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I LOVE HOMESCHOOL
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." ~Jimmy Dean

What an inspiring quote. I often forget to make the most of all situations and I dwell on things when they don't go my way. I need to remember that I am in control of the nothing, and stop stressing out about everything.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! We don't like getting up early either, but it sure does give you a lot more time to get things done and at a slower pace if need be.

    ReplyDelete